Interested in joining us? Attend our Central Committee Meetings generally held the 2nd Wednesday of every month at 7 pm, and often preceded by a lecture. Meetings can also be attended via Zoom. You can register for the meeting by clicking here.
When and where: Thursday 1/26 and Friday 1/27 from 5-7:30 p.m. (two-night curriculum) at Goodworks Ventures, 129 W Alder. -- or you can attend via Zoom. Link sent when you register.
1. History of the Legislature
2. Structure of the Legislature
3. Professional Issues / Ethics
4. Legislature’s Relationship to Other Government Entities and State Budget
5. Informal and Formal Legislative Processes
6. Legislative Hearings
7. What Influences the Legislature and How To Be Heard
8. Role of the Legislative Counsel and Legal Review Notes
9. Media and Organizational Influences on the Legislature
10. Role of Advocacy and Lobbying
11. Role of the Majority/Minority Parties and Tribal Nations
12. Future of the Legislature and How to Stay Informed
REGISTER HERE: https://forms.gle/63bq8hbFFbtd5VEt6
Lecture: Building Community In Difficult Times, featuring Travis McAdam from the Montana Human Rights Network.
Join us at Goodworks Ventures, 129 W Alder St, at 6 pm on Wednesday, February 8 or register for a Zoom link by clicking here.
Next Central Committee Meeting: February 8 at 7 pm, at Goodworks Ventures, 129 W Alder (immediately following the lecture).
Links to information and programs
Let's Build Our Bench! Are you interested in running for office some day? A way to get started is to file to be on a municipal or county board. Click the link below for filing information:
Learn more about us by navigating through this website.
Inclusivity and teamwork drive our success. We welcome, value and support people of all backgrounds, ages, and identities. Although we may disagree, our disagreements are no excuse for disrespectful behavior. We find strength in diversity. We depend on each other. We strive to be an ethical, productive, and positive organization.
Email us at:
Contact us by mail at:
Missoula County Democrats, PO Box 9305, Missoula, Montana 59807