☀️Summer has arrived in Montana! ☀️
The Missoula County Democrats have a number of events, volunteer opportunities, and updates to help you get engaged, involved, and connected this summer.
News & Updates 📢
- Democrats filled the Courthouse Room twice in the last month with such positive energy, first for our County Convention and next for the County Commissioner Forum.
- Our “Stop the Bans” rally May 21st on the steps of the County Courthouse was a success. It was well attended, with great speakers including Kim Dudik, Tom Winter and Nancy Keenan. A statement of support was written for our event by Senator Tester and read by Deborah Frandsen.
- We gathered signatures for a Missoula City Resolution to support Women’s Healthcare Rights. Stacie Anderson carried our petition to the Mayor and City Council.
- We elected a new executive board. 8 of the 14 members are either new to the board or new to their offices on the board. A big transition!
Upcoming Events 📆
Tuesday 6/11 at 6:00pm: We are hosting an event at Imagine Nation Brewing to hear from Monica Lindeen, the State Executive Director of the Democratic Party. Please join us to meet Monica, learn how you can help Montana Democrats win, and mingle with like-minded friends.
- RSVP to the Facebook event for updates and to share with your friends!
- 6/26 and 6/27: Democratic Presidential Debate Watch Party. 7:00 pm each night at Paradise Falls, 3621 Brooks Street
- Trivia night – Wednesday 6/19 7:00 - 8:30, Union Club (Make sure to follow Missoula County Democrats on Facebook for updates).
- Sunday July 21st 4:00 to 7:00 Our annual picnic at Silver Park Pavilion. This is a great opportunity to meet elected officials & candidates from the Democratic party, connect with volunteer opportunities, and enjoy some time outside with friends!
- The City Council Candidate Forum will be Tuesday July 9th at 7:00 pm at the Courthouse. We will be hosting the candidate forum much like we did for the county commissioner race. The difference being the outcome will be a Missoula County Democrat’s public endorsement rather than the selection of candidates. This is a great chance to become involved and informed in the City’s leadership.
Get Involved 📋
🗳Become a member of the Central Committee: Volunteers Are Needed to fill the remaining 27 open seats. This is a great way to get involved with the Democratic Party and help impact races at the city, county, and state level. If you are already on the committee, it's time to recruit your like-minded friends to become members! Filling every seat in ALL precincts in the County with folks who will work will position us to organize with a wider reach to win Democratic seats up and down the ballot. 2020 will be an “all hands-on deck” election and the work (and fun) starts now.
- If you are interested in joining the Central Committee, please contact Klaus 406-210-8576.
- Picnic Volunteers Needed: Our annual picnic is Sunday July 21st 4:00 to 7:00 at Silver Park Pavilion. We are looking for people to volunteer with setup, onsite, organization and more.
County Fair Volunteers Needed: We will have a booth at the County Fair. August 9-11. We are looking for volunteers to help set up, to staff, and a volunteer who would like to learn all about it to take it over in 2020.
- If you are interested in volunteering for the picnic or County Fair, please contact Pam 406-327-8660
Appreciation Station 👏
A moment of appreciation for all of the hard work and dedication from our organizers, volunteers, donors, and supporters. Especially:
- Lisa Davey, Chase Gay, Mary DeNevi, Todd Mowbray, Klaus vonStutterheim, Charley Carpenter, Pam Walzer and Jennifer Cady for making both the Forum and the County Election a success!
- Ben Dawson for making us smile by singing our adjoining song at the Forum.
- Klaus vonStutterheim on your great job filling precincts! Klaus has added 34 new precinct people in the last 3 months – that is a 32% increase in our membership! We now have 74% of our seats filled.
- Deb Frandsen and Senator Tester for your support at our Stop the Bans Rally.
- Susie Orr for heading up our first Trivia night.
- Pam Walzer for leading both the County Fair Booth and our annual picnic.
- Kimberly Dudik for writing the Women’s Healthcare Resolution.
Do you like this post?